Thursday, January 3, 2008

Arctic Circle

After a day and a half of travel, we finally made it to the Arctic Circle! To celebrate, we all got our picture taken in front of an Arctic Circle sign... and a 20-foot tall snow-man!

Nina "Double-Dog-Dared" Ryan to take off his two coats, hat, and gloves for a picture at the Arctic circle in the dead of winter. Of course there was no way to avoid the Double-Dog-Dare. So here you go!

I wasn't pointing at the Arctic circle sign... my arm was frozen!

Seriously... this monster snowman was about 6 meters high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite a trip. I've been to Finland a couple of times in the last 18 months, both times to Lapland, and absolutely love it. Most recently I spent 5 days dog sledding in the wilderness - you really have to try this! I wrote about my trip in Gone mushing